Back to CW Sportive Series
Slate Stinger Sportive
Hutton-in-the-Forest, Penrith, Cumbria, Sunday 8th June 2014. A cracking Cumbrian classic ride mixing mountain and moorland roads. Starting from the Historic Cumbrian home of the Inglewood Family, Hutton-in-the Forest, situated just a few miles from junction 41 on the M6 motorway.
Price (per rider): £25.00
Price (per rider): £35.00
Price (per rider): £35.00
‘This year we’ve teamed up with Prostate Cancer UK and are giving you the opportunity to raise money on their behalf when you ride this event. Click here to set up your own just giving fund raising page, you can then promote this via your social network. Good Luck!’
The Cumbria Sportive - Epic (£35, 93 miles), Standard (£35, 60 miles), Short (£25, 34 miles)
The routes take in some of the best and most challenging cycling routes in Cumbria, a county that is famed as a cycling destination. The 93 mile Epic challenge takes in the ascent of the fearsome Honister Pass. Just the one pass climb but with a whopping 3180m of ascent not only will this route challenge you physically and mentally it will also take you on a beautiful journey on some of the area’s best kept secret roads. Our Standard 60 mile route still packs a punch whilst the short 34 mile route offers an achievable challenge on Cumbria’s glorious roads.
Location: Hutton-in-the-Forest, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9TH
What else is included?
- Finishing medal
- Event centre facilities and parking
- Mechanical Support
- Full Route Marking
- Rider public liability insurance
- Free energy drink + energy snacks
- Electronic chip timing
- Bike wash facilities
- Web results service
- Emergency support
- On site catering
Maps & Route info
Finish 4 or more of our events within the Cycling Weekly sportive series and receive a trophy to recognise your achievement.
Our official partners
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Cycling Weekly Sportive organised and operated by Rather be Cycling in association with IPC Media Limited (the publishers of Cycling Weekly). Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format. Results will be published in alphabetical order only and anyone considered to be competing against others, will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the ride itself. IPC Media Ltd or Rather be Cycling does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon signing the registration form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. The Event Registration Form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form on behalf of the under age rider. Signing is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage rider. Under 16’s need to be accompanied at all times by an adult who is responsible for them.
5. All riders are covered by third party insurance for the duration of the event. The cost of this is included in your entry fee. In addition Rather be Cycling is covered for civil party liability.
6. It is mandatory that all riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry. IPC Media Ltd & Rather be Cycling reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
7. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, the ability to complete the longest distance, and over rough terrain dependant on the event.
8. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
9. Any marked route is shown for guidance only and IPC Media Ltd & Rather be Cycling do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. If they choose a different route to avoid obstacles or sections they decide are beyond their capabilities or for any other reason, they do so entirely at their own risk.
10. You must obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code, local By laws and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off road users.
11. Riders must be considerate to other uses of bridleways, tracks and byways when riding off road. Upon seeing other users, such as horse riders and walkers, riders are required to slow down and pass with care. Where appropriate, riders should stop and wait at the side of the route for other uses such as horse riders to pass safely.
12. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of Rather be Cycling or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
13. Each participant hereby grants to IPC Media Limited and Rather be Cycling an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to IPC Media Limited and Rather be Cycling the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases IPC Media & Rather be Cycling from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of IPC Media Ltd & Rather be Cycling. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at an IPC Media Ltd & Rather be Cycling event.
14. In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason it agrees to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
15. Event entry fees can not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.